Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Show Me

Both lessons that I viewed came from the Show Me app. I liked this app a little better because it had the option of searching for a particular topic. The Educreations app may have had this option as well but I couldn't find it. The first lesson was titled "All About E". This was basically a review of the short e sound with one syllable words. This lesson looked like it was created by an adult. http://www.showme.com/sh/?h=6FkOgdc The second lesson I viewed was titled "Short A Words" This lesson was also created by an adult and a review of using short a in one syllable words. http://www.showme.com/sh/?h=rJeSfBo I thought both lessons were equally effective, especially when used in together. I actually showed both videos to a group of second grade students today to help reinforce the difference between the short e and short a sound. Distinguishing between these two sounds is very difficult for young students. Both used a combination of narration and visual. Neither link showed up on my blog as a highlighted link to click on. I was able to access it from my blog when I used it with my second grade students by copying the link and pasting int he address bar.

1 comment:

  1. Good examples! Glad you found them useful with your students.

    ReplyDelete