Tuesday, February 16, 2016

I wanted to create something that would reinforce letter sound identification which is something some of my younger students are struggling with. I liked many of the features of Prezi but decided to go with Keynote. Not including the title slide, there are twenty six slides, one for each letter of the alphabet. Each slide has an uppercase letter with two words with corresponding pictures that each word labels. Each word begins or in the case of X ends with the letter represented. I played around with the transitions and added several different types. I wanted to add the ABC song but couldn't navigate how to download the song onto my Ipad. The particular song sight required a right click to download and I wasn't sure how to do this on an Ipad. For my students Keynote would be the most simplistic way to create projects but even with this they would need lots of help and support. Some of the grade levels in our building have a writing unit in which students write a "how to" paper. This is basically a step by step set of instructions of how to do something such as how to make a snowman. Keynote would provide a great format for students to create their "how to" papers. For some of the older students who I work with (4th Grade) Keynote would be ideal for some of the research papers that they are required to write. Keynote could be used by myself or by students to create presentations for MLK, Dr. Suess, George Washington or any other historical figure that we study during particular times of the year. It would work well for creating a presentation on Groundhogs Day as well. I wanted to create something on Presi for my students but decided I needed more time to play around with it. Presi would be a great tool for high school students. https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3iJ2tekZ90-X2NHUjRjYjJEcUk

1 comment:

  1. You have some great examples! Just as an FYI - I sent a request for permission to view the shared document.

    ReplyDelete