Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Remind Post

Tools such as remind is another avenue to communicate with parents. Of course communication such as this has been available for years with email and creating email groups. I suppose an advantage of an app such as Remind is that the message goes directly to a cell phone so the message for most would be more immediate with most individuals having their phone by their side 24/7. One thing that I notice in the activity directions was I was asked to describe the class and create a class code. This option did not come up. I found an instructional video which showed this option to come up as I created the class but it would not come up with mine. I'm wondering if this is an updated version of Remind. The person I invited to join my class responded and was added. I'm wondering if a code was automatically created and sent with the shared request. I decided to set my class up not in my classroom setting but in my setting as a track coach as a way of communicating with my athletes. When practice starts I will share the class with them when I get their email addresses. I have uploaded several screen shots for this activity. I was unable to find one screen on Remind with everything that was asked for in the activity so with all the screen shots I have taken 1 class, 1 sent message and I subscriber should be visible. Also for this project I tried uploading my screen shots to google drive and then downloading them to my computer. For some reason the download to my computer would not read the file. I tried taking a screen shot from the files from google drive on my computer, cropping them on Paint and pasting and copying them to a word document but blogger would not allow me to attach a word document. I am not sure what else to do so I will email you the attachment of the document. I hope that this is ok but spending 90 minutes trying to get my screen shot onto blogger has left me frazzled.

1 comment:

  1. You got it! Remind did a recent update and that information needs to be updated in the course now.

    ReplyDelete