Monday, March 7, 2016

GoSoapBox

All of these apps seem to be similar in the way that communication between teachers and students is immediate. All can allow teachers to set up quizzes with students giving responses. Socrative seemed a little more accessible as far as creating multiple choice, true/false and short answer questions. I really wanted to try Infuselearning because of the access to download pictures on the web and the ability for teachers and students to draw directly onto these images but it seemed that the infuselearning website is down. It seems that of the three, Socrative is the only one that can be accessed through an app. I couldn't find an app for the other two so I went directly to the web site. The feature that shows what students and how many students are getting the lesson or not is a nice feature of GoSoapBox. I actually created a lesson from Soapbox and had a group of my students interact with it in the classroom. One thing that I found was when they went to answer the question they were not allowed to finish the process. A message kept coming up saying that the response was too short. I couldn't figure out how to get around the question and really did not want to take too much time investigating this during instructional time. The other unanticipated matter with using Soapbox in the classroom was that the wifi system in our district blocks some content. We found out that Soapbox was one of these. We can get around this but I had to log on as teacher for each computer each time a student wanted to access it. This obviously took away from instructional time. If I were to choose one to use it would probably be infuse but their website was not available and there was a message that said that they were closing down in April. I apologize for multiple copies of screenshots but our computer updated Microsoft today and the process of saving pictures from google drive to my computer was a little different. Before I figured this out I had already downloaded multiple copies but it is hard to determine if they are they same until they are opened in my blogger.

No comments:

Post a Comment